D.PHARMA ( Diploma in Pharmacy )
CR College Of Pharmacy provides education for 2 years Diploma in Pharmacy Course strictly in accordance with rules and regulation laid down under education regulations 1991 of the Pharmacy Council of India & approved by the ministry of Health, Govt. Of India. The college is of 18 years standing approved recognized & affiliated by the Pharmacy Council of India, New Delhi & Govt. of Karnataka & has produced more than 5000 Pharmacy Diploma holders till date.
Scope of Pharmacy Education:
Pharmacy as a profession has opened new vistas not only in the sphere of career opportunities but also in the upgrading of the profession. In fact Pharmacists of America have been given the rights of prescribing in certain disease conditions and the list is increasing in hospitals, The Pharmacy section is becoming the natural center in managements of Medications.
Opportunities a Pharmacist can have:
- Can start your own business as retailer in medicines as Chemist & Druggist.
- Can engage yourself in wholesale supply of medicines to the retailer , Hospitals , Dispensaries & Educational Institutes.
- Can join the Govt Hospital as a Hospital Pharmacist.
- Can join the army , Air Force and Navy Hospitals as Pharmacist & serve those who serve the nation.
- Can join the Govt and Private hospital as clinical Pharmacist.
Eligibility for Admission :
- Pass in PUC or 10+2 or Equivalent with subject PCM or PCB.
- Pass in any other examination accepted by the Pharmacy Council Of India is as equivalent to any of the above examination.
- Pass in the intermediate examinations with science.
Board Examination :
The Board Of Examining Authority of Drugs Control Department will conduct the examination. Only those students who regularly attend the course and whose attendence is not less than 75% in both theory and practical classes shall be allowed to appear for the examination.
Sessional Examination :
Three sessional examinations will be conducted for both theory and practical.Each sessional exam in theory will be for 20 marks and each sessional exam in practical will be 20 marks . Both Theory and practical sessional exam marks will be sent to The Board Of examination Authority for the consideration in Annual examination.
Subjects offered in D.PHARMA I Year:
- Pharmaceutics I
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry I
- Biochemistry & Clinical Pathology
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Health education & Community Pharmacy
Subjects offered in D.PHARMA II Year:
- Pharmaceutics II
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry II
- Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence
- Drug store and business management
- Hospital & Clinical Pharmacy